What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary, in relation to taking steps to enter into a contract with you and/or performance of a contract with you.We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data about you:
• Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
• Information we receive from other sources: We may receive your information when we work with third parties – including; business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies, for example. However, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your race, political opinions or religious beliefs – unless we obtain your explicit consent. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from – or direct our content towards – those under the age of 16.
We may use your personal data to:
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
• provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer, which are similar to those that you have already enquired about or are certified for.
• send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
• comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site.
Any data you give us will be used in accordance with the licence that you grant to us, and to all stated means.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
• we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
• our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
• we use third parties to carry out business activities and they require your personal details to do so. This may include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• you have agreed to it being shared with third parties for relevant marketing activity, as per below.
Where relevant, we will require that third parties follow our data protection and privacy policies and we will require that such third parties do not use your personal details for their own business purposes, without your prior consent.
Where we store your personal data?
We store all of your personal details on a secure server.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.